[R] Output and Word

Greg Snow Greg.Snow at intermountainmail.org
Tue Jul 18 18:39:11 CEST 2006

Others have suggested using R2HTML (which is a good option).

Another option is to use Sweave and specifically the new odfWeave
package for R.  This works on OpenOffice files rather than word files
(but OpenOffice  http://www.openoffice.org/ can inport and export word
documents).

The basic idea is to write your report in OpenOffice (or LaTeX or HTML),
but anywhere that you want statisticial output (graphs, tables) you
include instead the R code to produce the table, graph, or whatever.
Run this file through R (using Sweave or odfWeave) and the resulting
file has replaced all the code segments with their output.

The documentation with odfWeave has examples.

Hope this helps,

--
Gregory (Greg) L. Snow Ph.D.
Statistical Data Center