[R] Stepwise selection and F-enter anf F-remove values

Simon Blanchet Simon.Blanchet at giroq.ulaval.ca
Tue Jan 31 18:38:02 CET 2006

Hello,

I'm actually using the "Step" procedure in R for multiple regression analysis.
I'm using the stepwise selection which alternates between forward selection
and backward elimination (direction "both" in the step procedure).
I would like to know which F-levels R is using to enter and then to remove
variables?
I also would like which is the procedure to change such levels? For
instance, how to use a critical/levels of 0.05/0.10?

Many thanks in advance!

Very sincerely,

Simon Blanchet

BLANCHET Simon
PhD student
Université Laval - Québec-Océan / CIRSA
Pavillon Alexandre-Vachon
Local 8022
Québec (Québec), Canada G1K 7P4
Téléphone : (418) 656-2131 poste 8022