[R] problem with mirror selection

Liaw, Andy andy_liaw at merck.com
Mon Jan 30 14:16:17 CET 2006

You didn't say if you did the selection from the menu or the command line...

In any case, the menu `Packages' -> `Set CRAN Mirror...' runs the command
chooseCRANmirror(), which looks like

> chooseCRANmirror
function (graphics = TRUE)
{
    if (!interactive())
        stop("cannot choose a CRAN mirror non-interactively")
    m <- read.csv(file.path(R.home("doc"), "CRAN_mirrors.csv"),
        as.is = TRUE)
    res <- menu(m[, 1], graphics, "CRAN mirror")
    if (res > 0) {
        URL <- m[res, "URL"]
        repos <- getOption("repos")
        repos["CRAN"] <- gsub("/$", "", URL[1])
        options(repos = repos)
    }
    invisible()
}
<environment: namespace:utils>

As you can see, it simply sets the repos option, and never use the net.  So,
exactly how did you get the problem you described?

Andy

From: Erin Hodgess