[R] R-help Digest, Vol 35, Issue 24

François Pinard pinard at iro.umontreal.ca
Wed Jan 25 03:57:09 CET 2006

[Keith.Chamberlain at colorado.edu, addressing to Brian Ripley]

>First of all, unless you are an english professor, then I do not think
>you have any business policing language.

We all do mistakes (English or otherwise).  I'm very grateful that
people forgive my own errors, and I try to be tolerant to others.  (Yet,
it happens that people lacking good will ask for stronger reactions.)

This is the business of everybody, really, building a better community
in every possible aspect, and the means for this go through interaction
and collaboration.  Let's all be humble enough to ponder the criticism
of others, improve ourselves, and so increase the value of our share.

--
François Pinard   http://pinard.progiciels-bpi.ca