[R] Can’t find X11 font when trying to produce graph

Dominik Heier dominik.heier at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 24 16:26:40 CET 2006

I don't think this is a R internal problem. It seems that some fonts are
missing that were not included in your X11 installation.
However, you could upgrade to R 2.2.1 and hope that the problem
disappears.

Do so by adding:
"deb http://cran.R-project.org/bin/linux/debian stable/"
to your /etc/apt/sources.list (or via synaptic) and reinstall/update R.

On my ubuntu-breezy system (no laptop, amd-k7) I never had any problems
with this configuration.

Hope this helps
Dominik