[R] Current state of support for BUGS access for Linux users?

Gregor Gorjanc gregor.gorjanc at bfro.uni-lj.si
Wed Jan 18 07:44:15 CET 2006

Paul Johnson wrote:
> Do you mean to say that you have actually made OpenBUGS run with
> R2WinBUGS in Linux?

No, I did not say this.

> Gelman's page seems to state that OpenBUGS support is brought in from
> BRugs, which is still Windows-only.

Well, Gelman changed his site a bit. Few days (weeks?) ago there was a
red text at the top of [1] stating that bugs.R was accomodated to work
with OpenBUGS. Since bugs.R was base for R2WinBUGS, I conclude that
BRugs was not involved here. Since then Gelman was active with his pages
and things changed/improved. I do not know what he has done to handle
also OpenBUGS. Perhaps Gelman and R2WinBUGS maintainers could tell us
and I hope that upstream (by Gelman) changes will find way into
R2WinBUGS package.

--
Lep pozdrav / With regards,
    Gregor Gorjanc

University of Ljubljana     PhD student
Biotechnical Faculty
Zootechnical Department     URI: http://www.bfro.uni-lj.si/MR/ggorjan
Groblje 3                   mail: gregor.gorjanc <at> bfro.uni-lj.si

SI-1230 Domzale             tel: +386 (0)1 72 17 861
Slovenia, Europe            fax: +386 (0)1 72 17 888