[R] LaTeX slide show (Was: Re: Taking code from packages)

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Sat Jan 14 17:39:31 CET 2006

On 1/14/2006 2:39 AM, Henrik Bengtsson wrote:
> Duncan Murdoch wrote:
>> On 1/13/2006 2:04 AM, Ales Ziberna wrote:
>>
>>> Hello!
>>>
> [snip]
>
>> (I'm a little sensitive about dependencies now, since the LaTeX seminar
>> template I've used a few times no longer works.  It depends on too many
>> LaTeX packages, and someone, somewhere has introduced incompatibilities
>> in them.  Seems like I'll be forced to use Powerpoint or Impress.)
>
> Try LaTeX Beamer!  It is the best thing that happend to LaTeX in a long
> time.  Simply beautiful, intuitive and very easy to use, and it's not
> yet another 'seminar' or 'prosper'.   Part of MikTeX now.  See
> http://latex-beamer.sourceforge.net/ for documentation, examples etc.

Thanks to Henrik and Stephen Eglen for this suggestion.  It does look
nice (though the test presentation, beamerexample1.tex failed with

! Undefined control sequence.
<recently read> \rowcolors

l.937 \end{frame}

indicating some version incompatibility with what I've got installed,
the simpler examples all seem to work and do indeed give nice output.)

Duncan Murdoch