[R] edit.data.frame - summary

Fredrik Lundgren fredrik.bg.lundgren at bredband.net
Fri Jan 13 12:00:32 CET 2006

Thanks to

David Firth
Brian Ripley
ronggui
jim holtman

who help with this question.

showData() from the relimp package works and shows the dataframe "as.is"
but scrolls rather weak with huge data.frames (15 000 x 120)

fix(...) is somewhat dangerous as you usually don't want to correct
individual data but
get an overview

invisible(edit(...)) does the trick and scrolls with excellent speed
even with huge dataframes
but not exactly "as.is" (dates as negative or positive integer, minor
problem).

Fredrik