[R] CRAN versions of lme4/Matrix don't appear to work with R 2.1.1

Mark Andersen manderse at nmsu.edu
Fri Jan 13 02:01:00 CET 2006

Hi, all,

This is interesting, since the problem I posted on a week ago was resolved
by downloading (the current versions of) R and ctv from the Austria site;
the UCLA site, from which I had downloaded before, had an old version of R
labeled as the current version, and it was not compatible with the version
of ctv that they had.

Moral of story: It's not just the Statlib site that is (or at least can be)
unreliable.

Is it common knowledge that there are other "mirrors" which do not provide a
very good reflection?

Regards,
Mark A.

Dr. Mark C. Andersen
Associate Professor
Department of Fishery and Wildlife Sciences
New Mexico State University
Las Cruces NM 88003-0003
phone: 505-646-8034
fax: 505-646-1281