[R] CRAN versions of lme4/Matrix don't appear to work with R 2.1.1

White, Charles E WRAIR-Wash DC charles.edwin.white at us.army.mil
Thu Jan 12 23:42:42 CET 2006

1) It was the Statlib mirror from which I was downloading. If I don't get any more interesting messages before I return to work in the morning, I'll try installing off of a different mirror.

2) On general principles, I just updated the lme4 related packages on the SuSE 10 machine that I run at home (NC mirror). That worked fine.

Chuck