[R] February course *** R/Splus Fundamentals and Programming Techniques

elvis@xlsolutions-corp.com elvis at xlsolutions-corp.com
Thu Jan 12 22:22:02 CET 2006

   XLSolutions Corporation ([1]www.xlsolutions-corp.com) is proud to
   announce  2-day "R/S-plus Fundamentals and Programming
   Techniques" in San Francisco: [2]www.xlsolutions-corp.com/Rfund.htm
   **** San Francisco,   February 16-17

   **** Seattle,            February 20-21

   **** Boston,            February 23-24

   **** New York,         February 27-28
   Reserve your seat now at the early bird rates! Payment due AFTER
   the class
   Course Description:
   This two-day beginner to intermediate R/S-plus course focuses on a
   broad spectrum of topics, from reading raw data to a comparison of R
   and S. We will learn the essentials of data manipulation, graphical
   visualization and R/S-plus programming. We will explore statistical
   data analysis tools,including graphics with data sets. How to enhance
   your plots, build your own packages (librairies) and connect via
   ODBC,etc.
   We will perform some statistical modeling and fit linear regression
   models. Participants are encouraged to bring data for interactive
   sessions
   With the following outline:
   - An Overview of R and S
   - Data Manipulation and Graphics
   - Using Lattice Graphics
   - A Comparison of R and S-Plus
   - How can R Complement SAS?
   - Writing Functions
   - Avoiding Loops
   - Vectorization
   - Statistical Modeling
   - Project Management
   - Techniques for Effective use of R and S
   - Enhancing Plots
   - Using High-level Plotting Functions
   - Building and Distributing Packages (libraries)
   - Connecting; ODBC, Rweb, Orca via sockets and via Rjava
   Email us for group discounts.
   Email Sue Turner: [3]sue at xlsolutions-corp.com
   Phone: 206-686-1578
   Visit us: [4]www.xlsolutions-corp.com/training.htm
   Please let us know if you and your colleagues are interested in this
   classto take advantage of group discount. Register now to secure your
   seat!
   Interested in R/Splus Advanced course? email us.
   Cheers,
   Elvis Miller, PhD
   Manager Training.
   XLSolutions Corporation