[R] Improving R-Intro {was "Wikis etc."}

Brett Magill magillb at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jan 11 19:52:28 CET 2006

On an improved R wiki, R-intro:

I think the issue of user-friendliness of documentation has been raised.
  When I first started using R, I found the S-PLUS online documentation
very useful.  It is very user-friendly and a great introduction,
organized by application. See:

S-PLUS 6 Guide to Statistics, Volume I
S-PLUS 6 Guide to Statistics, Volume II

at http://www.insightful.com/support/doc_splus_win.asp

How about a wiki based on this as a model, with some preliminaries and
then user additions.  Of course, the bottom line is, we need something
targeted at end-users, not developers.

Brett