[R] R CMD not recognized at command-line

Gabor Grothendieck ggrothendieck at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 21:26:05 CET 2006

In

http://cran.r-project.org/contrib/extra/batchfiles/

there are Windows XP batch files that you can use that will
automatically locate R using the registry and run it so that you
don't have to change your path.  Just place them anywhere
in your path.  See the README for more info.

I use them for building packages and also have a shortcut on my
desktop to one of them with a shortcut key defined so that after
installing a new version of R it automatically uses the new
version without any action on my part to reset the shortcut and
shortcut key.