[R] Finding R mailing list archives {was "Wikis etc."}

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Sat Jan 7 17:24:19 CET 2006

    John> Jon, Thank you for the terse form of the URL. I hope
    John> the mailing list will automatically include it in
    John> there Email messages.  John

well, it *already* contains

where the first URL is **the** R-help page, and has itself links
to more than one archive of the mailing list,
and the 2nd URL (posting guide) also explains many things
(including the mailing list page and archives).

I really wonder if adding yet another URL to the footer of every
message will be the solution; as others have correctly remarked,
the problem is that for many newbies it is more convenient to ask
rather than to first read something that contains more than three
words. ;-)

Well, then, maybe for some people, an extra line with another link
("click click" instead of reading) might be the solution...

Martin Maechler, ETH Zurich, (your mailing list maintainer)