[R] How to visualise spatial raster data?

Jan Verbesselt Jan.Verbesselt at biw.kuleuven.be
Fri Jan 6 17:57:16 CET 2006

Dear R help,

We are trying to visualise spatial raster data. We have per line, X & Y
coordinates and Z(data). How could we visualise this type of data? We
also would like to add extra data points to this plot based on new X,Y
and Z data.

We used the following function but would like to use only the  graph in
the upper right corner (spatial one) . Similar to the graph cfr.
http://www.est.ufpr.br/geoR/geoRdoc/vignette/geoRintro/geoRintrose3.html#x4-60003.1

geo_iRVI <- as.geodata(pixels_blok,coords.col=2:3, data.col=4)
plot(geo_iRVI)

How can this plot be optimized? And can we add other points to it?

 Another solution could be:
filled.contour(AVG,color=terrain.colors, xlab="Longitude (°)",
ylab="Latitude (°)) but therefore the data needs to be organised
differently, not per line of X,Y coordinates but in a raster form.

Can anyone advise functions to visualise spatial raster data optimally?

thanks,
Jan

windows R 2.2
library(geoR)