[R] Wikis etc.

Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa academic at feferraz.net
Fri Jan 6 15:06:01 CET 2006

John Marsland writes:
> Trac would have the advantage of pushing questions on the R list back towards
> the  actual source code and allowing all users to participate in the future
> development of the software.

        I see that this could be useful for R-devel, but considering the
volume of traffic and the kind of contents on R-help, I don't think such
tying to the actual source code would be so useful. Perhaps trac could
be used as an integrated interface for r-devel/svn and the bug track
system, and another wiki solution be used exclusiverly for the r-help
community (which includes many people not directly interested in coding
or development issues).

--
"Though this be randomness, yet there is structure in't."
                                           Rosa, F.H.F.P

Instituto de Matemática e Estatística
Universidade de São Paulo
Fernando Henrique Ferraz P. da Rosa