[R] Wikis etc.

John Marsland john.marsland at mac.com
Fri Jan 6 14:40:27 CET 2006

I agree.

In desperation at my inbox being swamped by messages I contacted the R-core team
to ask about other solutions. They recommended gmane.org who compile a
web-viewable archive of thousands of email lists - it even provides RSS feeds
for new topics.

Going back to the wiki issue, it might be wise to this about using Trac
<http://projects.edgewall.com/trac/> which is an open source project that
integrates a wiki with the SVN code versioning system (used by R-project) and a
replacement for bugzilla's ticketing system. We use it to document our own code.

Trac would have the advantage of pushing questions on the R list back towards
the  actual source code and allowing all users to participate in the future
development of the software.

John Marsland