[R] Bookmarking a page inside r-project.org

hadley wickham h.wickham at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 08:29:27 CET 2006

> A solution would be a content-management system that produced the HTML
> of the site from some other form of input.  Only the output HTML would
> need to be mirrored.  Care to put together such a thing, and import all
> the existing pages into it?

One way to get around the offline problem is to have a dynamic copy
somewhere and then spider and save it (eg. with wget -r).  This would
(obviously) require a server somewhere - but with a post-commit svn
hook could be kept up to date easily.  However, it is still difficult
to view changes to the page immediately.

What assumptions can I make about what tools are available to the
editors?  Can I assume the standard unix tool chain?   What
assumptions can I make about the people doing the editing?  How many
people edit the pages?  How familiar with html are they?  You say many
of the pages are manually edited, which ones aren't?  How are they
generated?  Are all the pages under
https://svn.r-project.org/R-project-web/trunk/ ?

Hadley