[R] Bookmarking a page inside r-project.org

Peter Dalgaard p.dalgaard at biostat.ku.dk
Mon Jan 2 23:47:36 CET 2006

"Thomas L Jones" <DrJones at alum.MIT.edu> writes:

> By way of review, most large Web sites allow the user to create
> *bookmarks* which link to pages inside the Web site. However, here,
> the pages have one of just two URL's:
>
> http://www.r-project.org and
>
> http://cran.r-project.org
>
> The reason is the way HTML *frames* are used in setup of the Web site.
> It would be very helpful if the Web site were revised so that many if
> not most pages had their own URL's, allowing the use of bookmarks.

I suspect that the webmasters (and -mistresses?) in Vienna are not
thrilled by the thought of a complete website redesign...

At least in Firefox, one thing you can do is to bring up the relevant
link in a new window or tab (just right-click it) and bookmark that.

--
   O__  ---- Peter Dalgaard             Øster Farimagsgade 5, Entr.B