[R] A comment about R:

Kort, Eric Eric.Kort at vai.org
Mon Jan 2 06:29:41 CET 2006

>Kjetil Halvorsen wrote...
>
>Readers of this list might be interested in the following commenta about R.
>

>In a recent report, by Michael N. Mitchell
>http://www.ats.ucla.edu/stat/technicalreports/
>says about R:
>"Perhaps the most notable exception to this discussion is R, a language for
>statistical computing and graphics.

After reading this commentary a couple of times, I can't quite figure
out if he is damning with faint praise, or praising with faint damnation.

(For example, after observing how many researchers around me approach
statistical analysis, I'd say discouraging "casual" use is a _feature_.)

-Eric
This email message, including any attachments, is for the so...{{dropped}}