[R] help on dyn.load()

Feng Tai typhoon_zy at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:38:19 CET 2006

Hi,

I used .C to call the C functions inside R. Everything works fine on the
linux sever.

I installed cygwin on my windows xp x64 platform and used rcmd shlib xxx.c
to compile. Everything works fine till now and xxx.dll is generated. But
when I use dyn.load("xxx.dll") in R, it will open another R window and the
original R window becomes "Not responding", nothing loaded in both R window.
Anyone has similar experiences before. Thanks a lot.

BTW: I tried some other .dll files from the existed library. everything
works ok. so I think maybe something wrong with my C code. But why it works
fine on the linux server? Any guess or suggestion for this?

Feng