[R] elements from 'sem' function

John Fox jfox at mcmaster.ca
Tue Feb 7 21:22:06 CET 2006

Dear André,

The components of the "sem" object returned by sem() are explained on the
help page ?sem. There are several methods for "sem" objects:

> methods(class="sem")
[1] mod.indices.sem*            normalized.residuals.sem*
[3] path.diagram.sem*           print.sem*
[5] residuals.sem*              standardized.residuals.sem*
[7] summary.sem*

To retrieve components of the object directly, just use, e.g., object$C (for
the reproduced covariance matrix), or object$coeff (for estimates of free
parameters), in the normal manner for indexing a list. It would probably be
better for me to provide accessor functions [e.g., for the coef() generic]
for at least some of these, so I'll put that on the list of things to do.

I hope this helps,
 John

John Fox
Department of Sociology