[R] Upgrading

Thomas Lumley tlumley at u.washington.edu
Wed Dec 20 00:20:18 CET 2006

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006, DEEPANKAR BASU wrote:

> Hi!
>
> As per Thomas' advice, I upgraded R by using "update.packages()" and got
> the following warning messages:

That was not my advice on how to upgrade. update.packages() updates the
packages. You need to download a new version of R itself.  You will then
need to update or reinstall the packages. The warning messages are because
you are updating to versions of the packages that do not run on your old
version of R.

 	-thomas