[R] Upgrading

DEEPANKAR BASU basu.15 at osu.edu
Tue Dec 19 23:59:27 CET 2006

Hi!

As per Thomas' advice, I upgraded R by using "update.packages()" and got the following warning messages:

Warning messages:
1: installation of package 'lmtest' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(update[, "Package"], instlib, contriburl = contriburl,
2: installation of package 'quadprog' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(update[, "Package"], instlib, contriburl = contriburl,
3: installation of package 'cluster' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(update[, "Package"], instlib, contriburl = contriburl,
4: installation of package 'tseries' had non-zero exit status in: install.packages(update[, "Package"], instlib, contriburl = contriburl,

Do I need to worry about these messages? Do I need to do something else to complete the upgrade process?

Another question: what is the command for renaming an existing variable?

Thanks.
Deepankar