[R] how do you interpolate a gaussian grid to a standard 2.5 degree grid?

Zhuanshi He zhuanshi.he at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 16:47:03 CET 2006

Hi Jenny,

Maybe the following links will be useful for you. Both of thoes are
used in meteorological and climate research community. But u can used
the codes to create the data values that you need.

g2fsh : Interpolates a scalar quantity from a Gaussian grid to a fixed grid.

http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/g2fsh.shtml

g2fshv : Interpolates a vector quantity from a Gaussian grid to a fixed grid.
http://www.ncl.ucar.edu/Document/Functions/Built-in/g2fshv.shtml

In addition, both of those functions based on a package named
SPHEREPACK (http://www.cisl.ucar.edu/css/software/spherepack/ ).

you can write call subroutines shipped from SPHEREPACK to get values
at your fixed grids.

Good luck.

Zhuanshi He