[R] how do you interpolate a gaussian grid to a standard 2.5 degree grid?

Jenny Barnes jmb at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Dec 12 11:12:15 CET 2006

Dear R-help community,

I have looked on the R search site and archives but cannot find mention of a way
of interpolating a gaussian distribution of data to a standard 2.5 degree grid.

I have two global dataset and I need to correlate - unfortunately one is a 2.5
degree grid dim[longitude=144,latitude=72] and one is gaussian
dim[longitude=192,latitude=94].

I would rally appreciate hearing back from any of you who may have wanted to
interpolate your data is this way. If there is no ready-made function you know
of but you are willing to share your own methods I would also appreciate any
pointers.

Many thanks for your time,

Jenny Barnes

Jennifer Barnes
PhD student - long range drought prediction
Climate Extremes
Department of Space and Climate Physics
University College London
Holmbury St Mary, Dorking