[R] Weighted averaging partial least squares regression

ucfagls at ucl.ac.uk ucfagls at ucl.ac.uk
Mon Dec 11 15:47:23 CET 2006

Quoting Andreas Plank <andreas.plank at web.de>:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible in R to calculate a Weighted averaging partial least
> squares regression? I'm not firm in statistics and didn't found anything
> about weighted averaging in combination with PLS in the help archives.
> Or is it possible to develop a workaround with the pls-package?

Nothing in R that is publicly available. It is certainly possible to
modify the
pls package (I did so for package cocorresp, but that does something slightly
different to what you want).

Steve Juggins is writing an R package that includes WA-PLS, you might wish to
contact him to see if there is an early version available that you might use.
His University web pages are here:

http://www.campus.ncl.ac.uk/staff/Stephen.Juggins/

And you'll find his email address on them.

HTH

Gavin Simpson