[R] stat question - not R question so ignore if not interested

Bert Gunter gunter.berton at gene.com
Tue Dec 5 23:06:00 CET 2006

... But of course this is always the question underlying all empirical -- or
maybe even scientific -- analysis: is there some other perhaps more
fundamental variable out there that I'm missing that would explain what's
"really" going on?

I clearly remember George Box commenting on this in his Monday night beer
and statistics sessions: after you're done and perhaps have written up and
presented your (intricate!) analysis, you're always worried that someone
might come along and say, "Well, did you consider...?"

Cheers,
Bert

Bert Gunter
Genentech Nonclinical Statistics