[R] logistic discrimination: which chance performance??

Bruno L. Giordano bruno.giordano at music.mcgill.ca
Fri Aug 11 05:07:41 CEST 2006

Well,
If posting a possible solution to one's own problem is not part of the
netiquette of this list please correct me.

Following Titus et al. (1984) one might use Cohen's kappa to have a
chance-corrected measure of agreement between the original and reproduced
classification:

Kappa() in library vcd
kappa2() in library irr
ckappa() in library psy
cohen.kappa() in library concord......

    Bruno

Kimberly Titus; James A. Mosher; Byron K. Williams (1984), Chance-corrected
Classification for Use in Discriminant Analysis: Ecological Applications,
American Midland Naturalist, 111(1),1-7.