[R] prettyR arrives

Rick Bilonick rab45+ at pitt.edu
Fri Aug 4 20:22:51 CEST 2006

On Fri, 2006-08-04 at 19:37 -0400, Jim Lemon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have finally gotten the prettyR package going (many thanks to Kurt
> Hornik for his patience).
>
> prettyR is a set of functions that allows the user to produce HTML
> output from R scripts. Given an R script that runs properly, an HTML
> listing complete with embedded graphics can be produced simply by
> passing the script to the core function htmlize (Phillipe Grosjean has
> not only offered great suggestions, but provided a fancier function
> named R2html). It is even possible to have the output magically appear
> in your friendly local HTML browser when the script has been processed.
>
> The package includes some basic descriptive functions that display "the
> usual suspects" in formats that should not agitate those accustomed to
> the vanilla listings that abound in the real world.
>
> prettyR is intended to assist the R beginner in producing basic stats
> right from the word "go". No knowledge beyond that of writing an R
> script is required, but there is quite a bit of room to learn and
> innovate. Have fun and please let me know if you break it.
>
> Jim

Thanks but I could not get R2html in prettyR to work:

> R2html(Rfile="/ophth/cornea/R/lme_4.R",
+   HTMLfile="/ophth/cornea/Reports/lme_4.html")
Error in CreateIndexFile(HTMLfile, basenavfile, baselistfile, title) :
        unused argument(s) ( ...)

lme_3.r has the R script and lme_3.html is the html file I'd like to
create. The help file for R2html does not give an example.

> args(R2html)
function (Rfile, HTMLfile, echo = TRUE, split = FALSE, browse = TRUE,
    title = "R listing", bgcolor = "#dddddd", ...)

What am I doing wrong? I can source the script file.

> args(CreateIndexFile)
function (HTMLbase, HTMLdir, title = "R listing")

Is there a problem in R2html's call to CreateIndexFile? The arguments
don't seem to match.

Rick B.