[R] prettyR arrives

Jim Lemon jim at bitwrit.com.au
Sat Aug 5 01:37:34 CEST 2006

Hi all,

I have finally gotten the prettyR package going (many thanks to Kurt
Hornik for his patience).

prettyR is a set of functions that allows the user to produce HTML
output from R scripts. Given an R script that runs properly, an HTML
listing complete with embedded graphics can be produced simply by
passing the script to the core function htmlize (Phillipe Grosjean has
not only offered great suggestions, but provided a fancier function
named R2html). It is even possible to have the output magically appear
in your friendly local HTML browser when the script has been processed.

The package includes some basic descriptive functions that display "the
usual suspects" in formats that should not agitate those accustomed to
the vanilla listings that abound in the real world.

prettyR is intended to assist the R beginner in producing basic stats
right from the word "go". No knowledge beyond that of writing an R
script is required, but there is quite a bit of room to learn and
innovate. Have fun and please let me know if you break it.

Jim