[R] read.spss 'error reading system-file header'

Finn Sandø fs at fs-analyse.dk
Thu Aug 3 20:04:35 CEST 2006

Thank you Michael
I think you point to the real cause of the problem.
I solved my own immediate problem by using StatTransfer to transfer from
sav to sav.

My real concern is that the read.spss() function will become obsolete.
Most of the data I have received in the last year have had those
problems (and increasingly so), now they have become so serious that the
import process fails all together.
Therefore I believe it is important to do something about