[R] It seems that it is not the reason causing my problems

Roger Bivand Roger.Bivand at nhh.no
Thu Sep 22 13:38:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, [gb2312] Ö£ä¿ wrote:

> Dear Authors:
>
> Thanks for your advice on my question. However, it seems that it is not
> the reason that your told in your reply. I just opened a new R session
> and type the command "capabilities()", and it displayed indentical
> results to the "right" ones described in your letter, that is:

> "> capabilities()
>     jpeg      png    tcltk      X11 http/ftp  sockets   libxml     fifo
>     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE
>   cledit  IEEE754    iconv
>     TRUE     TRUE     TRUE"

> And I can not pass the "make check" all the same. Is there any other
> possible reasons which could cause this depressing problem?

There are two problems, and it may be that the second one was already
answered in Ted Harding's reply.

To examine the error in make check, you need to review the end of the
file: tests/Examples/graphics-Ex.Rout, the last section will report which
commands caused the error.

What happens if you try demo(graphics) in your R session?

--
Roger Bivand
e-mail: Roger.Bivand at nhh.no