[R] How to make labels on my dendrogam look more clear and visible

Srinivas Iyyer srini_iyyer_bio at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 28 01:08:48 CEST 2005

Dear group,
 I have a matrix with readings for ~180 variables
observed in 240 conditions.

I am doing a hierarchical clustering method (hclust)
by calculating eucledian distances among them.

When I plot the dendrogram from hclust, all my
variables at the end of the branches are cluttered. I
cannot read them properly.

I tried using :
> x11(width = 100, height = 70, pointsize = 10)
>plot(mydat.hcluster)

and also by

>x11(width = 1000, height = 300, pointsize = 10)
>plot(mydat.hcluster)

I could not make the dendrogram branches go wide and
make variables at the end of braches more legible.

Can any one please help me to make a good diagram so
that I can see the lables at the end of branches more
clearly.

Thank you.

cheers
Sri