[R] qcc

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Tue Nov 29 08:58:24 CET 2005

Tommi Viitanen wrote:

> violating.runs
>
> I read from the news
>
> cran.r-project.org/doc/Rnews/Rnews_2004-1.pdf
>
> that the criteria for the violating is 5 but
> 1)I cannot find "5" in the code of the function. Where is the "5" ?

See ?violating.runs:
violating.runs(object, run.length = qcc.options("run.length"))
                                     ^^^^^ ^^^ ^^^ ^^ ^^^ ^^^

And try

 > qcc.options("run.length")
[1] 5

Ah!

> 2)What is the easiest way to change it ?

I'd try, e.g.,
  qcc.options(run.length = 6)

or directly
  violating.runs(object, run.length = 6)

> 3)Is there any more criterias made somewhere ?

No, looking 10 seconds into the code, but why do you not read it
yourself? It is easily understandable and you will also see at once that
you can will get a performance boost by optimizing that code....

Uwe Ligges