[R] Function comparable to cutpt.coxph from "Survival Analysis using S"

Rachel Pearce pearce.rachel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 00:46:40 CET 2005

The title says it all really; I am looking for a function along the lines of
cutpt.coxph as described in "Survival Analysis Using S" (Tableman and
Kim), Chapter 6. As may be guessed, the function optimises the
cutpoint of a continuous variable for cox proportional hazard
modelling. I can't find it, or any similar function, on CRAN.

Alternatively, perhaps there is a way of extracting the likelihoods
from the output of coxph.

Rachel