[R] short suggestion to the R development team

ivo welch ivo_welch at mailblocks.com
Wed Nov 9 17:24:18 CET 2005

Dear R developpment team:  would it be easy to introduce a global variable (in options()) that contains the name of the R file that is currently being processed?  (ala \jobname in latex.)  if this is difficult, would it be easy to introduce something like "$0" in perl (i.e., argv[0] in C), which contains the current R file?  I just checked what perl does interactively, when no file is being processed.  It fills $0 with "-", though it would seem to me that just "" would be more appropriate.

sincerely,

/iaw