[R] plot of mice.mids objects

Leo Gürtler leog at anicca-vijja.de
Fri Nov 4 12:41:35 CET 2005

Hello...

how can I plot mice.mids objects as described by Buuren (2000)
http://web.inter.nl.net/users/S.van.Buuren/mi/docs/Manual.pdf
page 17, if there are many variables (~80) with NAs included?
mice runs well, but the plot is not possible because it seems that there
are too many variables.

 > imp.temp <- mice(data.withnas, m=5)
 > plot(imp.temp)
Fehler in plot.new() : Grafikränder zu groß
= error in plot.new(): boundaries of graphics too big/huge

Is it possible to run the plot() sequentially, so that only a selected
part of the variables are plotted?
Of course I can run mice() on a reduced dataset, but then the
estimations are different what is not useful here.

thanks + best,

leo

email: leog at anicca-vijja.de
www: http://www.anicca-vijja.de/