[R] R Graphs in Powerpoint

Marc Schwartz (via MN) mschwartz at mn.rr.com
Tue Nov 1 23:03:48 CET 2005

One other option, just to throw it out there, though it involves a few
more steps.

1. Generate the R plots as EPS files.

2. Import them into Powerpoint onto the required slides. Resize and/or
place as required. Recent versions of Powerpoint will auto-generate a
bitmapped preview image upon import.

3. Print the full Powerpoint presentation to a PS file, using a PS
printer driver. This will result in high quality images.

4. Convert the PS file to PDF, using Ghostscript (ps2pdf) or similar.

5. Display the presentation using Acrobat Reader in full screen mode to
your audience.

This works well, as long as you are not using complex object/slide
transitions, animations and the like in Powerpoint and takes advantage
of the higher quality vector format of EPS graphics as opposed to the
bitmapped graphic formats.

HTH,

Marc Schwartz