[R] R Graphs in Powerpoint

Smith, Daniel (DHS-DEODC-EHIB) DSmith2 at dhs.ca.gov
Tue Nov 1 22:43:42 CET 2005

I've tried several methods in OS X, and here's what works best for me.  Save the R graphic as a PDF file.  Open it with Apple's "Preview" application, and save it as a PNG file.  The resulting .png file can be inserted into MS Word or PowerPoint, can be resized, and looks good on either OS X or Windows.  There are other programs available for translating the pdf file to png (like the shareware application Graphic Converter), but I've found that Preview produces the best results.

Daniel Smith
Environmental Health Investigations Branch
California Dept of Health Services