[R] inserting R code in a latex document

Uwe Ligges ligges at statistik.uni-dortmund.de
Wed May 11 10:09:07 CEST 2005

Thibaut Jombart wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to insert R source code (functions) in an appendix of a latex
> document. I guess the easiest way to do so is to use the package Sweaved
> (file : Sweaved.sty) provided with the latest R version. Latex succeeds
> in loading the package, but my problem comes from the use of this very
> package. I tried to use the 'Schunk' environment, but '#' characters
> generate error (my R functions are annotated, and I want to keep those
> annotations). Under the 'Sinput' environment, no error is generated but
> the result is simply not different from what would be obtained under
> 'verbatim' environment : R code lines are cut as they don't fit in the
> page width.
>
> I tried to find answers in the latest Sweaved User Manual,
> unsuccessfully. I'm a recent latex user and I doubt I can quickly find a
> solution by myself.

I think we are talking about "Sweave" in package "utils"?
If so, you will find that you have to re-read the manual, because you
don't need to specify 'Schunk'/'Sinput' yourself: Sweave does it for
you. Just write the code in code chunks such as

<<>>=
code
# comment
@
LaTeX code

and apply Sweave on your noweb document, the resulting LaTeX document
has appropriate environments.

Uwe Ligges