[R] General Question on learning R...

Achim Zeileis Achim.Zeileis at wu-wien.ac.at
Tue May 3 20:49:27 CEST 2005

On Tue, 03 May 2005 11:40:12 -0700 Spencer Graves wrote:

> 	  Yes.  Thanks for the elaboration.  What differences might one
> 	  expect
> between the contents of "\demo" and "\R-ex"?  (I found "\R-ex" with
> all the packages I named, but not all had "\demo".)

`R-ex' contains the examples from the `man' pages and demo contains the
`demo' files. Whereas man pages are necessary to pass R CMD check, demo
files are not, so this is part of the reason while much more packages
have examples but not demos.

You can conveniently look at both, using examples() and demo() from
within R.