[R] eigenvalues of a circulant matrix

Huntsinger, Reid reid_huntsinger at merck.com
Tue May 3 16:25:07 CEST 2005

How was your R 2.0.1 built? Which Lapack did it link to, and which one does
it load? Which BLAS? Is the BLAS threaded? Does it link to the optimized
pthreads library? Etc. (I'm not a Fedora Core 3 user so I'm not sure what
the default setup is, and of course I don't know if that's what you have.)

As I pointed out in my previous post, in eigen() the matrix is "inspected
for symmetry" so symmetric=TRUE is the same as not specifying this at all.
You could try symmetric=FALSE...

Reid Huntsinger