[R] help.start search

Prof Brian Ripley ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk
Thu Mar 24 22:38:51 CET 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Carlisle Thacker wrote:

> Dear R experts,
>
> When using R 2.1 under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 with Mozilla 1.7.6 as

There is no such version.  If you are using an alpha test of 2.1.0, please
report exactly which one.  It is not relevant here, but could have been.

> browser, help.start() almost works correctly.  When I follow one of the
> search result links everything is fine, but when I go back to follow
> another link, I find them all inactive.  So I have to redo the search.
>
> Any suggestions?

Use another browser or live with it.

It is a known Mozilla quirk (shared by all the browsers that use the
Mozilla engine).  As far as I recall, Opera and IE6 do this correctly, but
I just live with it.

Brian D. Ripley,                  ripley at stats.ox.ac.uk