[R] help.start search

Thu Mar 24 22:35:14 CET 2005

On Thu, 2005-03-24 at 16:15 -0500, Carlisle Thacker wrote:
> Dear R experts,
>
> When using R 2.1 under Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 with Mozilla 1.7.6 as
> browser, help.start() almost works correctly.  When I follow one of the
> search result links everything is fine, but when I go back to follow
> another link, I find them all inactive.  So I have to redo the search.
>
> Any suggestions?

This is a known problem with Mozilla based browsers when viewing
dynamically generated HTML pages, which is the case with the HTML pages
resulting from help.start() searches.

The best work-around is to open a link from the search results in a new
tab rather than in the same window. That way you can close the tab when
done and be back at the results page with live links, rather than having
to redo the search itself.

Also, presumably you are using R 2.0.1, not R 2.1?

HTH,

Marc Schwartz