[R] client-server setup for R

roger bos roger.bos at gmail.com
Thu Mar 24 16:56:46 CET 2005

Maybe I didn't state my question as well as I should have.  First of
all, this is a windows environment.  I currently run R on my desktop
and I also have a server that I use that the connect to using remote
desktop.  Each machine has 4GB of memory and is a P4.  I run R on my
machine and on the server so I can have two programs running at once.
Other people in the company don't have as much memory as I do and have
older machines, so they may have trouble running R on their desktop.
And two people can't remote desktop into the server at the same time.

So my restated question is, how do I share my server with other useRs?
 If this is more of an IT question than an R question, I apologize,
but it seems that S+ have a server version where clients connect from
their desktop and submit jobs and I was wonder is there is an R
version.