[R] Simple suggestion for improvement

Yan Wong h.y.wong at leeds.ac.uk
Thu Mar 3 11:21:26 CET 2005

On 3 Mar 2005, at 10:08, Duncan Murdoch wrote:

> That's not a bad suggestion, but it might not be trivial to implement.
> Right now the "?" is an operator that is parsed like other operators
> such as "+":  it becomes a function call . To have "??" mean something
> special would mean changes to the parser, or a special case to the
> .helpForCall function that the "?" function calls.

OK, I can see that. Adding another operator might be seen as too great
a change to consider "trivial". But the second way (changing the
function) seems a little "hacky" to me. Anyway, it is just a suggestion
that would save me (and others) some typing time.

Thanks for replying to my original post,

Yan