[R] R demos

Duncan Murdoch murdoch at stats.uwo.ca
Fri Jun 24 19:15:54 CEST 2005

On 6/24/2005 12:47 PM, Jim Brennan wrote:

> As for running R --vanilla  I don't know how to do that.
> Is it possible with a windows version.?
> Anyway it is working and thanks for the help.

There are a few ways.  The simplest is probably to edit the shortcut you
usually use.  Just right click on it, click on Properties, and add
"--vanilla" to the Target string, which is usually something like

F:\R\rw2011\bin\Rgui.exe

so it becomes

F:\R\rw2011\bin\Rgui.exe --vanilla

(Actually, you should probably do this to a copy of the shortcut, rather
than the original.)

You can also type the whole string into Start|Run... (but your path is
probably different from mine), or do it from a command shell, etc.

Duncan Murdoch