[R] R demos

Jim Brennan jfbrennan at rogers.com
Fri Jun 24 18:47:46 CEST 2005

OK, actually this is a textbook example of why it should be done as you said
as I just add on the packages I want in Rprofile.site and that way don't
screw up the default by cutting and pasting into Rprofile.

So I have restored Rprofile to default and added Rprofile.site as follows to
etc directory.

local({
       old <- getOption("defaultPackages")
       options(defaultPackages = c(old, "MASS","gtools","gregmisc"))
     })

I think this is what you meant!

As for running R --vanilla  I don't know how to do that.
Is it possible with a windows version.?
Anyway it is working and thanks for the help.