[R] CRAN task view for genetics

Neil Shephard nshephard at gmail.com
Sat Jun 11 13:03:54 CEST 2005

Hi Gregor,

The compiled list of genetics packages is a great idea, I'll certainly find it useful as it took me quite some time to track them all down through CRAN.

I've a couple of things that could be added...

qvalue - A procedure for false discovery rate control.  General, but developed for the general area of genetics (see Sotrey & Tibshirani 2003 PNAS 100:9440-9445)

SimHap - still in development (Beta testing), this is a Java GUI front end for performing a range of statistical genetics analyses, very useful for occasional users who can not get their heads round CLI's.  Registration with the author is currently required.

Regards

Neil
--
Neil Shephard
Genetics Statistician, ARC Epidemiology Unit
neil.shephard at manchester.ac.uk
nshephard at gmail.com